Imagining . Inspiring . Impacting a Great Community
Preparing for Growth
State Road 37: Preparing for Growth
Maximizing Benefits, Minimizing Impact
April 23, 2015
Thank you for attending or having an interest in our first Community Conversation, which featured speakers and public input about infrastructure in a growing community - especially along the State Road 37 corridor in Johnson County.
We would like to thank all of you who took our feedback survey about this event. We are excited to announce that the winner of the gift basket giveaway for the survey is Teena Findley! Congratulations Teena!
We received a number of questions from the attendees during the presentations. These questions were sent to the subject matter experts and we have received their responses. These questions and responses can be found here View Attendee Question and Response Page.
About the Event
The meeting was open to all Johnson County residents and featured three presentations, each addressing a different aspect of managing growth. Attendees were able to submit questions via their smartphone, tablet or in writing during the meeting. Following the meeting, residents had an opportunity to view current land use planning maps for the area and interact with local elected officials.
Sarah Rubin – Indiana Department of Transportation Project Manager
Greg Goodnight – Mayor, Kokomo , Indiana
Larry DeBoer - Purdue University Professor
Preparing for Corridor Growth
- Sarah Rubin – INDOT Project Manager
- I-69: impact on traffic on State Road 37
- How a community can influence & maximize benefit from corridor growth
- The importance of resident and public official involvement
Larry DeBoer – Purdue University Professor
- State and local government public policy
- The fiscal impact of economic development
- How a community funds development
Greg Goodnight – Kokomo Mayor, 2008 to present
- How Kokomo is managing growth and development and getting the public input
- Examples best practices and how to leverage resources available for development
- Infrastructure requirements for an area to support growth