Imagining . Inspiring . Impacting a Great Community
Planning, improving our public spaces
What makes Johnson County a great place to live, work, play and learn? What attracts families and companies here? And what else do we need to make our communities even more attractive?
Those are important questions in our Placemaking initiative.
Placemaking is a multi-faceted approach to the planning, design and management of public spaces. Placemaking capitalizes on a local community's assets, inspiration and potential -- with the intention of creating public spaces that promote people's health, happiness and well being.
We are determining what people want in their community to make their lives more enriched and meaningful. This research will be useful in our partnerships with local government and private developers wanting to advance our quality of life offerings.
Finally, we are telling the story of Johnson County by collaborating with various county partners to promote Johnson County as the destination to live, work and play.
To make our community a destination to live, work, play and learn.
We will support the needs of our residents and future residents by maintaining the vision of Aspire and providing resources and opportunities; while representing the voices of the community, celebrating our homes and gardens, and sharing our story through strategic marketing and sponsorship efforts.
- that we are story gatherers, story tellers...creating the story of home.
- that we cannot take our resources for granted, giving us great pride of place.
- that we thrive in collaborative and connected settings that represent all voices of the community.
- that we need to be mindful of true diversity in our county, finding common ground and living inclusive values.
- that we enjoy small town benefits with big city amenities.
- that we capitalize on our local community's assets, inspiration and potential to create public spaces that promote health, happiness and well-being.
- and overall, we believe that Johnson County is a great place to live, work, play and learn!
Our Latest Project
Take a look at our Aspire Johnson County Coloring Book for Kids of All Ages. Click in center to view full screen.